Rich Eichholz for Congress – Summer Internship Program
Are you looking for an opportunity to get involved in politics in Southwest Michigan? Want to establish connections and gain campaign experience? Would you like to work on behalf of a Democratic congressional campaign?
The Rich Eichholz for Congress Summer Internship Program is designed to give people practical, purposeful experience in politics on a Democratic congressional campaign.
This is a great opportunity to help us double the number of scientists in the U.S. Congress and retire 32 year incumbent Fred Upton. The MI-6 district is key to helping the Democrats win back the majority.
Who are we looking for?
- Passionate leaders in their community organizations and schools who are committed to sending a scientist to Congress and working to bring the blue wave in a swing state.
- Smart, energetic, and fun people who are interested in gaining experience and involvement in politics.
What are the benefits of Rich Eichholz for Congress Internship Program?
- An opportunity to work day-to-day with top political operatives in Southwest Michigan and activists in the field who are passionate about sending a scientist to the U.S. Congress.
- Receive first-hand experience with all aspects of how grassroots campaigns are run and how they function.
- By the end of the program, you will be prepared to take on a staff position with your next campaign.
The Rich Eichholz for Congress Internship Program will be offered on a rolling basis over the following 10-week schedule*:
- May 29th – August 7th
- Minimum required hours = 100. (Sample schedule: 10 hours a week for the full 10 weeks. Shorter schedules with more hours/week also possible).
- Capstone project = We will offer a limited number of opportunities for interns to receive a stipend for additional hours July 24th to August 7th. (The final two weeks before the Primary Election).
- Interns may receive college credit if applicable and available at their institution.
To apply, please contact Jim Eichholz at 269-363-8244 or Jim@RichEichholz.com.
Application Deadline: Rolling basis.
* Internships granted after May 29th will be coordinated to match individual schedules. Please note for the internship to be complete, individuals will be required to complete a minimum of 100 hours.
Overview of Duties:
Interns will help with communications, direct marketing, digital, customer service, field operations, policy, political, research and targeting. This will include but is not limited to tracking congressional candidates, maintaining files, canvassing and phone banking, gaining exposure to all aspects of the campaign. Covering offices, answering calls and greeting guests. Assist in monitoring media coverage, covering campaign events, administrative support, developing and supporting social media and email content. Play a vital role in brainstorming, design and implementation of different projects. This internship will offer plenty of opportunity for the intern to learn new skills.
The Rich Eichholz for Congress campaign is an equal opportunity employer and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment.